How do you think Henry felt at these points in the story:
- When he first stepped out on the ice and his feet got in a muddle?
- When Sally yelled at him?
- When his mother said he could go to the ice dancing competition?
- When he first saw the ice dancing?
- When his father said “We’re a hockey family, Henry . . . a HOCKEY FAMILY!”
- When his grandmother showed him the photo?
- When his grandmother gave him her old skates?
- When his dad introduced him to his coach?
It took Henry sixty-nine tries before he could dash like down the ice, spin like a top, and finish with one foot high in the air.
- Do you think Henry ever felt like giving up?
- Why do you think he kept trying?
- How do you think he felt when he succeeded?
- Have you ever really wanted to do something that was difficult?
- Did you feel like giving up but you kept on trying?
- What kept you going?
- How did you feel when you accomplished your goal?